Unit 1: Scholar Prep
- Scribbles - (For Check #1)
- Read "Book Worms do it Better." write down your thoughts and feeling towards what is said.
- How can a little bit of writing and reading everyday help you?
- Read "Writing to Heal" and follow the directions.
- Describe a process in detail. What is the end goal?
- What would be your last meal and why? Please describe your meal in detail.
Unit 2: Encyclopedia Unit (Personal Narrative)
Rubric for the Final
Unit 3: Roots of Knowledge (Expository/Informational Writing)
Unit 4: Closer Readings
Scribbles (for check #2)
- Pick a book you haven’t read and would like to read. You may want to do some research on the books before picking one. Also, might be a good idea to pick two. Write down why you chose the book(s) you did. (We watched these book trailers).
- What is something in your life you could not live without, it is essential, Why?
- Tone Scribble - Reading and tell me what tone you feel that each passage is with an explanation why you believe that way.
- "Writing to Heal", What is going on with life? Good, bad, or ugly, write it down. Spend 15 minutes writing. By doing this it will help lessen stress, depression and help you see the other side of things.
- Finish the story...“Be careful out there,” your mom said as you grabbed your duffel bag and headed on a camping trip with friends. “You know that tonight is the anniversary, don’t you?” You nodded, then shut the door behind you before getting in the car and taking off.
- You wake up one morning and find that you aren’t in your bed; you aren’t even in your room. You’re in the middle of a giant maze. A sign is hanging from the ivy: “You have one hour. Don’t touch the walls.” Finish the scene.
- You are exploring with a friend when you stumble upon an abandoned amusement park. You eagerly start to approach it, but as you get closer, the lights suddenly come on and the rides start to move. Do you keep going to find out what’s happening or do you run away as fast as you can?
- “I wasn’t planning on this. Falling in love with you was the last thing I wanted. Because I know our time would have to come to end. Yet, here I am, begging you not to turn the page.” Who is the speaker and who is the speaker talking to? Finish the scene.
Unit 1: NaNoWriMo
Daily Video Lessons:
#2 Model Novel
Extra: 7 Point Plot System
Unit 2: Literacy Level Up
ACT GRAMMAR/Sentence Basics PPT
1. Write about your highs and lows of Christmas break?
2. Why do you procrastinate? How does procrastination make you feel?
Pre Unit Lessons:
1. 1/3- 1/4 - Goals/Time management (slides 1-7)
Assignment: Create three goals and create a schedule on when you will work on your goals and why those goals important to you.
2. 1/5-1/6 - Procrastination (slides 19-23)